Every year, more and more hair styling tools are released. While some of these tools make it super easy to figure out how to use them, other devices are a bit more confusing until you learn the secrets of how they work.
Making beach waves, in particular, is something that a lot of beauty lovers struggle with all the time. No matter which tool they pick up, they just can’t seem to set the right size or number of curls in their hair for a beautiful and relaxed beachy look.
Learning how to use beach wave curling iron products do not need to be stressful. Nonetheless, if you still struggle, we're here to help. Today, we’ll teach you how you can create the style of your dreams!
How to Make Beach Waves Using Different Types of Tools
When talking about how to use beach wave curling iron, the first thing to remember is that a lot of different tools are available for you to use to make great beach waves. That being said, when people talk about beach wave curling irons, they are usually referring to one of the following tools:
- Curling wands
- Deep wavers
- Curling irons
All three of these tools can be used in different ways to create beautiful and natural looking beachy waves! All that you need to do is learn how to use each of them in the right way in order to make the style just as you envision it in your head.
1. Curling Wands
First, let’s talk about the technique of how to use a curling wand to make beach waves. Curling wands have rapidly become one of the most popular hair-styling tools because they are one of the easiest to use once you learn the basic technique. Additionally, you can create a wide range of styles with it.
To make beach waves with your curling wand, you don’t need anything but the wand, some heat protectant spray, and clips to keep your hair out of the way. If you have a protective glove, that can help as well.
Finally, remember that you should point the tip of the wand downwards and keep the end of the wand's cord upwards when you are using the tool.
- Clip back the top layers of your hair
- Then, take a small section of your hair
- Set the hair with hair protectant
- Twist the hair section
- Wrap the hair section around the curling wand
- Keep the hair wrapped for up to 10 seconds, depending on the temperature of the curling wand.
- Remove the hair from the wand and pull downwards on the curl to loosen it before the hair cools down.
- Repeat steps two to seven. Alternate the size of the section of hair that you use, and be sure to change directions to keep the look natural.
- When finished, use a volumizing spray to complete the look.
If you’re confused on this technique, this video may help you understand:
2. Deep Wavers
Deep wavers are a great tool for making beachy waves because they have a pre-sculpted section where you put your hair in, and that section creates the exact wave that you desire. While other tools require that you learn how to wrap your hair evenly, this tool does that work for you.
The only real risk of using a deep waver to create beach waves is that you can accidentally make the waves look too even and planned. That is especially true if you do not take some care to angle the tool in different directions. As such, be sure to follow that part of the instructions carefully.
- Clip up the top layers of your hair
- Choose sections of the hair that are not more than ¾ as wide as the barrel of your deep waver tool
- Place the hair between the deep waver and squeeze it until it is closed. When positioning the hair, be sure to go at a slight angle to prevent the finished look from looking too pre-planned.
- Keep the hair in the tool for around 10 seconds. This timing may need to be more or less depending on your hair texture and the temperature of your styling tool.
- Slowly release the hair from the tool. After which, run your fingers through the hair to break up the evenness of the wave a little bit.
- Continue that, alternating the size of the section of hair that you use and the angle you place the tool at earlier.
- When finished, use a texturizing spray to set the hair in place and give it some final texture
If those instructions do not help you get the look that you want, try following this video tutorial
3. Curling Irons
Finally, don’t forget that your trusty curling iron can help you to create beautiful waves as well! While curling irons are often imagined only to be good at creating precise and tight spiral curls, the barrels of curling irons are available in all shapes and sizes.
If you have a curling iron that is one-inch in diameter or larger, you’ll be able to use it to create beautiful beach waves in no time successfully. The longer your hair, the bigger you will want the barrel to be in order to create a fabulous style quickly and easily.
This video will walk you through the steps that you need to follow:
Get Those Beachy Waves!
No matter what type of tool you want to try using, you can learn how to use beach wave curling irons to make the beach waves of your dreams! Beach waves are not dependent on the type of tool you have, but there are a lot of differences depending on which device you want to use.
Everyone is going to have their personal preference which type of tool helps them to create the most beautiful beach waves. Once you try out making beach waves with these three tools, we hope that you’ll find the best method possible for creating a loose and natural beach wave look!